If you are planning to buy a new SUV crossover then check on the current Mercedes Benz GLC and the Lexus RX models. Both are leading competitors highly acclaimed for their luxury, utility, safety and exemplary performance. Buyers get attracted because they obtain superior engineering, comfort and value.
Mercedes Benz GLC versus Lexus RX
On cosmetic side Lexus SUV takes the lead but in performance Mercedes Benz steals the show. It offers multiple advantages over the base of Lexus RX.
- Mercedes Benz GLC 43 has a 3 liter twin turbo V6 engine with 362hp and 273lb-ft torque.
- For more power go for GLC 63 equipped with 4 liter twin turbo V8 engine that generates 469hp and 479lb-ft torque.
- Standard GLC class has 2 liter turbo 4 engine with241hp and 273lb-ft torque mated to 9-speed auto transmission, which sends power to all four or back wheels
Alternatively Lexus RX 350 is equipped with 3.5 liter V6 engine that delivers 295hp and 267lb-ft torque paired to an 8-speed auto transmission. Mercedes Benz has Dynamic Select system, which offers advanced standard options in comparison to Lexus RX’s driver selectable modes. It does not matter, if the driver wishes to preserve petrol with Eco mode or enjoy sporty driving or program their performance preference & handling settings, they have it all with Mercedes Benz GLC.
Mercedes Benz is available in coupe and sedan styles, which is not available in Lexus RX line-up. Alternatively, Lexus RX has unusual framework design. Iconic Mercedes defines high quality standard in every niche and equipment integrated are good stuff.
Safety and connectivity
Mercedes Benz GLC stands out in the customary and available features in comparison.
- Connectivity advantages like Android Auto compatibility and Apple CarPlay are option not available in Lexus RX.
- In terms of regular comfort, Mercedes Benz GLC drivers enjoy regular 14-way power adjustable seats including memory settings. Even front seat passengers can enjoy this luxurious option. In comparison, Lexus RX offers 10-way power adjustable seats.
- Other interior highlights in GLC includes the Attention Assist warnings regarding drowsiness, Pre-safe collision minimization system, Rear parking assistance with camera, crosswind assist, lane-keeping assist, active blind-spot monitor, and variable assisted steering. In comparison, Lexus RX offers some of these safety features.
It is obvious to opt for luxurious Mercedes Benz GLC because of its strong and appealing personality.
Visit the Mercedes Benz dealership to enjoy a thrilling test drive of GLC Class!